Together We Grow Communications Social and Digital Content Coordinator
About the Position
Together We Grow is seeking a digital storyteller and manager for the position of Social and Digital Content Coordinator, to be housed within the Colorado State University System.
We’re looking for a content creator who brings new ideas to the table, is passionate about creating engaging content primarily for the digital experience, and will excel in a collaborative environment. This position is responsible for creating compelling, audience-appropriate, multi-channel, contemporary content that engages and builds relationship with target audiences (prospective college students, young adults, industry partners). This position will manage, organize, and implement a wide range of projects to elevate the food and agriculture industry and support Together We Grow initiatives to reach new demographics of talent.
This position will serve as part of the Together We Grow team and will play a lead role in managing social and digital media strategy. The position is responsible for content creation and distribution, brand management and analytic assessment to guide the strategic and editorial direction to enhance the digital reputation of the food and agriculture sector, Together We Grow, and Together We Grow sponsored initiatives.
Further, the Social and Digital Content Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the voice and tone of Together We Grow on social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and more.
In the role as Social and Digital Content Coordinator, the position plays a key role within Together We Grow and regularly consults with other communications professionals across our membership. This position will collaborate with colleagues within Together We Grow’s membership to utilize multimedia assets to position Together We Grow’s digital channels as vital vehicles for telling the food and agriculture sector’s stories, building affinity and increasing the food and agriculture sector’s profile and standing among internal and external audiences.
About Together We Grow
Together We Grow is an industry consortium sponsored by the Colorado State University System’s Office and part of the SPUR campus. Together We Grow is an industry consortium representing some of the largest interests in food and agriculture, across private industry, higher education, NGOs and governmental institutions. The consortium is united to build a more skilled, diverse, and inclusive pipeline of talent to solve the challenges the industry faces to feed a rapidly growing global population with climate impacts in the coming decades.
Learn more at TWG Home (colostate.edu)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field.
- Two years of demonstrated professional experience in creating and managing social media initiatives for a brand or business on a variety of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.); or relevant digital communications experience.
- Demonstrated excellent writing skills and experience crafting compelling copy for a diverse range of audiences using digital and/or multimedia platforms.
- Demonstrated experience with social media or website data collection and analytics.
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere) to create visual media.
- Experience using social media scheduling tools.
- Strong knowledge of social media trends
- 3 or more years of professional experience in social media management, marketing, communications or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in multimedia asset creation in a professional setting (photography, videography, motion graphics, graphic design).
- Demonstrated exceptional experience in integrated social media brand management and training on a variety of social channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with creating and implementing social media advertising campaigns.
- Experience using content management systems, such as WordPress, to create, format and distribute content.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated collaborative team approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to enhancing diversity through inclusive design and language.
Reports to: Executive Director, Together We Grow
Proposed Salary Range: $ 55,000 – 60,000, dependent upon experience
To Apply: For full consideration Submit cover letter, resume, online portfolio (please be sure to include any photography, videography, graphic design, and social media examples and three professional references, by 11:59 pm on Monday, April 19, 2021
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Statement & Background Check
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Acting Title IX Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO. 80523-0160, (970) 491-1715, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Colorado State University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
Language and details can be accessed on Human Resources’ background check webpage.