The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), the national not-for-profit association established in 1863 and representing over 97,000 veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia and uniformed services, is seeking an Email Marketing Manager to join our Marketing and Communications team at our Headquarters office in Schaumburg, IL, a northwest suburb of Chicago.
The Email Marketing Manager will manage the execution of email marketing programs designed to help AVMA meet its marketing and communications goals, including segmentation recommendations, campaign set up, scheduling, HTML coding, testing, tagging, approvals, deployment, and monitoring. They will report to and collaborate with the Senior Brand Marketing Manager on messaging and email strategies and will maintain the calendar of direct response marketing activities in support of them. They are also responsible for maintaining a current understanding of email best practices and their role in direct response marketing and applying best practices in the execution of email campaigns.
To be successful in this role, you must be highly collaborative and passionate about AVMA’s mission. Additional qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience in email execution
- Experience with coding in HTML, CSS.
- 1 year of Adobe Photoshop experience.
- Experience working in email marketing platforms such as Delivra/Campaign Monitor or similar platforms.
- Experience with modern email client technologies.
- Understanding of Direct Response marketing activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, and to manage work under tight deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Proficient with basic software programs including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must demonstrate AVMA’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in execution of duties
Additional skills that are helpful, but not required:
- Ability to troubleshoot coding problems.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Good understanding of database concepts and segmentation.
Deadline for applications is 10/23/21. Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the AVMA:
Located in Schaumburg, Illinois, with an office in Washington, D.C., the AVMA is structured to work for its members and acts as a collective voice for its membership and for the veterinary profession. The AVMA provides many benefits to its members, including information resources; state and federal advocacy; opportunities to address issues affecting policies that govern the profession and practice of veterinary medicine; continuing education opportunities; quality publications; and discounts on personal and professional products, programs and services. The work of the AVMA is carried out by a dedicated staff of over 170. The organization is governed by an 18-member Board of Directors and has a $43M+ annual operating budget. For more information, please visit www.avma.org.